The economic protocol¶
The economic protocol provides the rules for checking the validity of the blocks and operations, and for updating the blockchain state accordingly, by applying new valid blocks and operations on the current blockchain state. These rules can be changed through voting. Thus, the economic protocol represents the amendable part of Tezos.
This page groups the documentation helping developers and users in understanding the basic concepts of the economic protocol (Proof Of Stake, consensus, voting, etc), its features (Michelson, Sapling, etc), and some details about its implementation.
- Michelson: the language of Smart Contracts in Tezos
- Semantics of smart contracts and transactions
- Language semantics
- Introduction to the type system and notations
- Core data types and notations
- Core instructions
- Domain specific data types
- Domain specific operations
- Concrete syntax
- JSON syntax
- Full grammar
- Reference implementation